Wednesday, August 22, 2007

 
I cannot bring myself to say that Hurricane Dean turned out not to be as bad as expected, though relatively speaking that is true. I know how hateful that would sound to those whose lives have been turned upside down by Dean. My wife and I have taken a particular interest in the nation of Haiti (more about that in the future), and I noticed that four people were killed there when the hurricane passed by earlier this week. The Associated Press writer made a special point that the poorest people suffer the worst in these situations. I’m glad that was noted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of noticing the poor, Larry James stopped by my Hippo blog yesterday and added a nice comment. Larry is a tremendous example of love through his ministry in Dallas, Texas. If you have never visited his eye-opening blog, check it out HERE.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of my Hippo blog, my good friend who writes under the pseudonym, Juvenal Urbino (a character in one of his favorite all-time books), posted a thought-provoking article yesterday on romantic love and the lack thereof. Drop by if you get a chance, and feel free to enter the conversation with the Hungry, Hungry Hippos HERE.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of slow and cumbersome creatures, I changed out my wife’s car battery yesterday. You’ve no idea how proud I am of myself. No idea.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of pride, yesterday was Hillary’s first ballet class of this particular dance season. As the daddy of a daddy’s girl, I can’t describe the feeling of watching her dance. It’s even better because she dances for our friend, Susan, a wonderful, wonderful woman who, in addition to an impressive career as a professional dancer, has a beautiful heart. It is a beautiful thing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of beautiful things, Albert Pujols homered for the 4th straight game yesterday! The Cardinals are sitting behind division leaders Milwaukee and Chicago at only three games out!

Comments:
I know how proud you are. When it comes to maintaining/fixing a car I know next to nothing. My wife won't even send me to get parts anymore. No matter how explicit her instructions I never get the right part. Normally she can get the part she needs and fix the car before I even knew the car needed fixing. So while she's talking shop with the boys in the neighborhood I push the living room furniture into new arrangements and try to keep things fresh looking for when she comes home. I know brother...I know.
 
ROFL!!!

We'll have to start our own club. I don't know what it will be, but we definitely need a club.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist