Saturday, August 18, 2007

 
Some days are ho-hum days, but not today. It is draft day for my fantasy football league, popularly known to be one of the most important days in the history of the universe.

Fantasy sports has grown tremendously, and I’ve come to enjoy participating in the fun. And of all the fantasy sports, it is my opinion that football is the best. Without delving too far into the finer points of the game, suffice it to say that draft day for football is MUCH more important than in other sports. So I’m getting my game plan together this morning…

I’m pulling up the latest football news on the internet. I have my Fantasy Football Preview in Sports Illustrated sitting by my side. Bring it on!!!

Of the twelve teams in my league, seven of us reside on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We are anxiously crouched over our computers, and you know how painful that can be.

My friend, Andy, an attorney in Houston, Texas, is sitting by, too.

As is my friend, DeJon, a graduate student at the University of Oklahoma.

And my friend, Danny, a preacher in Pensacola, Florida.

And my friend, Wayne, retired in Northwest Alabama.

And last, but not least, my friend, David. To tell the truth, I don’t even know where David is at! He went from here to South Dakota, and from South Dakota to Oklahoma, but I’ve lost track. Except for his fantasy teams, which he faithfully manages.

Seriously, fantasy sports aren’t important at all in the grand scheme of things. Except, that is, that they keep me connected with good friends. Which is a grand reason to celebrate a day like today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a much more ominous note, please watch and pray concerning Hurricane Dean.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist