Saturday, September 15, 2007

 
I had the pleasure of taking this picture of Darren McFadden (#5) and the Arkansas Razorbacks last year in an early season game at Auburn. At the time, Auburn was ranked among the best in the nation, and Arkansas wasn't. I went without a ticket, found one outside next to the Arkansas section, and had the best time at a sporting event in my life as McFadden made a name for himself and the Razorbacks whipped the War Eagles.

I can't really hope for a complete repeat performance today, but maybe it can come close.

My family is headed to Tuscaloosa today (without tickets) to watch the Hogs battle the Crimson Tide at 5:45pm on ESPN tonight. The weather is expected to be perfect. It will be the first big home game for Nick Saban in Bryant-Denny Stadium. Our good friend, Shannon, has hooked us up with a great parking place. I am SO excited about today!

I graduated from the University of Arkansas in 1992, and my last roommate there is one of my favorite people ever (Jon Wood). Jon was finishing law school when I was finishing my undergrad degree, and he came to law school after doing graduate work at the University of Alabama. He was a HUGE sports fan, too, and I've never forgotten him saying that I had to go to a football game in Tuscaloosa at least once in my life.

That 15-year-old desire is scheduled for today.

GO HOGS GO!!!!

(Expect a report tomorrow night!)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist