Tuesday, September 04, 2007

 
I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday yesterday. I'm sure, here at 6:30am, a lot of people aren't enjoying getting up and back into their routine, but at least it will be a short(er) week because of Labor Day.

Ironically, both because it was Labor Day and because preachers reportedly only work one day a week, I put in a full day's work yesterday, capped off by a long meeting with my elders last night. Jody had work of her own to do around the house, Erica is off at college, and Hillary was at a friend's house, so I went to the office and then went visiting at the nursing home and hospital yesterday.

My job is weird in that I have certain things that need to get done each week no matter what, so if I took yesterday off completely, then any hopes of a regular day off at week's end would be out the window.

I'm not complaining at all. In fact, yesterday was nice. Since everyone else was off from work and school and relaxing, it made for a quiet day where I could get a lot done.

But I suspect today will be different. :-)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist