Thursday, September 20, 2007

 
I'm having a lot of deep thoughts myself right now, although a bit unlike Mr. Handey's deep thinking as exhibited above. None of my deep thinking is bloggable just yet, however. Some mental journeys are best taken alone.

I did tell my friend, Trent, while in Memphis, that I've been in sort of a funk lately. He said that it seems like everyone he's been talking to lately has said the same thing. Maybe there's something in the weather.

Whatever it is, I'm mostly just checking in today - doing my bit to maintain my spiritual discipline of blogging. But it isn't because there isn't anything significant to report. There just isn't anything significant to report out loud.

Comments:
Strangely enough I know exactly what you mean (and I don't even know you) because I am feeling the same way....funky..
 
Big Al, I am in a funk also. Most of the people at church are also in a funk. We are having a tough time getting anything done productively.

It's pretty funky at work also.

Get out and take more pictures maybe it will get you out of the funk.
 
What kind of pie will they serve in heaven?
 
I like cherry pie.

I don't think I'm a carrier, but it's strangely refreshing to know you aren't the only one feeling weird.

And Big Dave, funny you mention taking pictures. Oddly enough, I was thinking about that very thing last night.

HEY, I'VE GOT IT!!! I'll go take funky pictures of pie!!!
 
Be sure and put some of those funky pictures of pie on your website. Be sure and eat some pie after you take the pictures.
 
Man, all this pie talk, and I'm feeling less funky already!
 
Hang in there, Al!

A new SD: prayer, solitude, silence, fasting...and blogging! (do you think any monks will latch onto blogging as a SD?) :-)

I share your appreciation for deep thoughts, btw: Despair is like a cable that is buried just under the surface of the ground. You pull it up and pull it up, but that cable just keeps right on going, clear across a field, until you come to a bunch of guys who are burying the cable. Then just walk up to them and go, 'Hey, have you seen Fred?' And they'll say, 'Fred who?' And you say, 'Fred of snakes?' Then cover your ears, because big laughs are coming.
 
I like it!!!!!!
:-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist