Thursday, September 13, 2007

 
I've been looking forward to today. If nothing explodes in the next few hours, I plan to take the short drive to Mobile, Alabama, for lunch with three of my preacher friends. All three of these guys are friends of one another from way back, but they've graciously allowed me into their circle on days like today, and for that I am thankful.

I'm a bit concerned that we're eating lunch at Bob Baumhower's restaurant, seeing as how he's an Alabama boy, and my Razorbacks are battling the Crimson Tide in Tuscaloosa this Saturday. I don't think this qualifies as an act of betrayal on my part, though. :-)

My three preacher friends are bloggers, too, if you haven't visited their cyber-world already:
* John Dobbs (the king of all bloggers)
* Danny Dodd
* Les Ferguson

If you go to their blogs today, you'll read about my topic from yesterday on two of them. Both John and Danny knew various parts of the family of Heather Spencer, the young lady brutally murdered two days ago. Danny, in fact, has been asked to preach her funeral in Jackson tomorrow, so I hope today's lunch will be good timing for him as a bright spot in a dark week.

I don't know about these three jokers, but this lunch today is good timing for me.

Comments:
King of all Blogger? Me??? You're too kind. A Prince maybe. ;)
 
Oh, no. You are the king. We all bow before you...
:-)
 
I enjoyed our visit but you were too quiet. You have to wrestle yourself into the conversation around those guys.
 
Hey, I'm still learning how to spell Kosciusko, much less have such good stories about the place!

(Did I spell it right?)

I enjoyed it, too, even if I was mostly on the listening end today.

I also enjoyed the ride over and back with Les. We both had the much-needed opportunity to vent. I said it was like a ping-pong match - we just took turns!
 
Les is a professional venter. bahahaha
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist