Wednesday, September 05, 2007

 
I've been receiving the Habitat World magazine for about ten years now, ever since I first became involved with Habitat for Humanity. With postage rates increasing over that time, along with improvements in technology, the magazine has changed its size and appearance, but it still has a circulation of 1.3 million in over 90 countries around the world.

Latan Griffin (one of my fellow board members) and I were contacted a few months ago and asked to meet one of the writers for the magazine and a photographer for an interview/photo shoot, and we had an enjoyable time telling our Katrina story and having lots of pictures made.

I had sort of forgotten about it until I went to the mailbox yesterday and found my quarterly edition of Habitat World inside. It didn't take me long to remember that we "might" be in there, and it turned out we were in a huge article titled, "Going the Distance in the Gulf."

There was a fairly large picture that was good - I had a huge smile on my face while Latan is telling a story demonstratively with his hands, and my church building is faded beautifully in the background. A significant chunk of the story was about us, and it was good - I was only misquoted once (nothing bad, just a quote that should have been attributed to Latan).

I guess for folks who blog, the thought that untold numbers of people all over the world might be looking at your picture and reading your story shouldn't feel weird. But it sort of does anyway!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist