Tuesday, September 18, 2007

 
Quick update on my trip to Memphis:

#1: I stopped briefly (seriously, ten minutes) to see the Kelley family pictured above on the way in last night. I called John as I passed through, and after talking to him (though I didn't REALLY have the time!), I just couldn't help stopping to see their new, precious addition, Alivia. Though she fussed for the picture, it was such an honor to hold her for a minute. John, Jinger, Alicia, and Alivia are family to us, and more special than they will ever understand.

#2: I made it to my friend, Trent's, apartment at 7pm. Trent is a very special friend as well, and I hadn't seen him in probably a decade (though we've communicated a lot via email and in blog land). We started talking at 7pm, made a trip to Huey's to eat their world famous hamburgers while we kept talking, and decided to shut down the conversation at 12:30am this morning (although we could have gone all night long talking). We talked about some deep stuff, we watched some football, and we laughed at hilarious old memories. Just like old times, in other words.

#3: I went to sleep on Trent's couch at 12:30am with the alarm set at 5am. I actually woke up before the alarm sounded. I showered and drove to Baptist Memorial East for my niece's surgery at 5:30am. I got to see Jessica before she went back for the surgery just after 7am. They began the surgery at 7:50am, expecting it to take 4 or 5 hours, but when they got inside they discovered a much better situation than expected!!! The surgery only lasted two hours, and instead of getting into the gory details, suffice it to say that everyone was pleasantly surprised with the outcome! Jessica will still end up staying in the hospital for a week or so, and this was her 5th major surgery at only 24 years old, so things aren't perfect by any stretch. But there is a big sigh of relief rising from my family this evening.

I cannot thank you all enough for your prayers and concerns.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist