Friday, September 14, 2007

 
A storm rolled through just as I arrived with my daughter last night to her elementary school’s Open House, and though it put a literal damper on the evening, it still turned out to be fun. Hillary goes to a good public school, with excellent teachers, populated by lots of cool kids from neat, diverse families.

I have lived in Ocean Springs for close to nine years now. I am not an extrovert by any stretch, but I do get involved in things that allow me to form relationships with folks, so after nine years I do feel like I know quite a few people in this community. I enjoy noticing on nights like last night that I am a part of a community.

Someday it might hit me like the proverbial ton of bricks, but so far I have enjoyed watching both of my daughters grow up. I have enjoyed each passing phase instead of getting weepy over the fact that they aren’t little girls anymore.

But they are definitely both growing up. Twenty years old, and ten years old sure aren’t babies. I could tell last night at Open House that my “baby” stands on the brink of adolescence. Life will be changing dramatically, and soon.





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist