Tuesday, September 25, 2007

 
Two of my most well-read friends swear by the book, Love in the Time of Cholera, so I checked it out of the Ocean Springs Library recently, and I finished it tonight.

On the one hand, my prudish self blushed a LOT at all the sex stuff in this love story, but on the other, it was a masterfully written novel that weaves an unforgettable story of the unbelievable potential for forever love. Once captured by Marquez's masterpiece, I am assuming that one will never forget Florentino Ariza's love for Fermina Daza.

I noticed online that there is a movie in production based on this novel, but it looked like it might be a foreign movie that would doubtfully make it to South Mississippi. But if it does, I'll have to check it out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, for those scoring at home, my attempts at drastically cuttting down my time on the computer is off to a good start these first two days. I mean, there was some sweating and the munchies, but I'm thinking I'll just take up smoking and I'll be okay. :-)

Comments:
First you quit blogging (in the daytime) then you start reading sex books thinking about smoking...I would say it is a slippery slope you are on....
 
Glad you're off to a good start! As someone who spends way too much time staring at a computer screen, I'm hopeful that you can serve as an inspiration to us all!

- Bobby
 
Thanks, guys!

Yeah, I don't know if exchanging vices is good, but at least its variety, no?

And if I learn anything, I'll let you know, Bobby! But don't hold your breath!
:-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist