Saturday, September 08, 2007

 
Yesterday was an all-around good day...

Around lunchtime I went to a Habitat house dedication in D'Iberville. In the picture above, you see Trang-Pham Bui (no relation to David) from WLOX interview Lisa about her new house. Fellow board member, Delmar Robinson, emceed the dedication, and he was kind enough to ask me to offer the invocation. In the picture, you see Lisa clutching the Bible and keys that Delmar presented to her during the ceremony.

Afterwards, I met up with Reverend Wayne Ray down at St. John's Episcopal Church to add a picture to my Ocean Springs photo-project. I've wanted to include St. John's. It's the oldest church building in town, and its architecture is simply beautiful. I thought I ended up with a good picture (which you can see HERE). It was extra neat because Wayne is such a wonderful, humble person, and it is always a pleasure to spend time with him.

Next, I picked up Hillary from school, and as is our Friday tradition, we went in search of a treat. We were headed to Caboose Cones, one of our favorites, when Hillary noticed the Tato-Nut Shop was open, so we stopped there instead. Hillary got a chocolate-covered donut, and I had a blueberry cake donut (my favorite!), and we enjoyed some time together. While there, our friend, Hollie, dropped in, too. Hollie is a freshman at South Alabama in Mobile this year, but she works in Ocean Springs on the weekends. It was good to see her and get a hug.

Then, last evening, I went to the Ocean Springs football game by myself. I wasn't by myself for long. I saw some fellow preacher friends from Ocean Springs, several neighbors, and ended up sitting with several friends from my church family. Ocean Springs won 42-0 on a hot, humid night. I was able to take a bunch of pictures, too, from which I'm planning to add one to my Ocean Springs photo-project this morning.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist