Saturday, September 22, 2007

 
Yesterday was a good day all around. Sure, I hate mowing, but I do love it when its done. I went with my wife and daughter to watch some Jaguar Volleyball last night, and even though they lost, they played great and we had a blast. Then, to top it off, the little tropical system in the Gulf fizzled out and I don't even think it has rained here yet.

This morning, I'd like to do a little advertising.

My friend, Holly, sent me a Facebook message asking me to spread the word on my blog about a concert in Paragould, Arkansas, on October 27. Many of you will remember my writing about Willie Sandlin (pictured above) when he won the battle of life in early July. Well, there is a "Horizon Alumni Concert" scheduled at Crowley's Ridge Academy on October 27, with the proceeds from the concert going to the Sandlin family.

I graduated from and later taught at Crowley's Ridge Academy, and Horizon is a group formed years ago now by Mrs. Debbie Stokes that is dedicated to musical performance. A lot of talented folks have passed through her program, and when word came that she had cancer last year, they put together an alumni concert just for her. This year, she is doing so much better (yea!!!), so this year's concert has two goals: (1) to make Mrs. Stokes smile again, and (2) to provide much-needed financial assistance to the Sandlin family.

I won't be able to attend, but if anyone is in the Northeast Arkansas area, I would highly encourage you to attend.

Holly was very excited that my good friend, Jon Conley (a Horizon alumni himself), will be performing at the concert! Jon is our local celebrity, having played lead guitar for the likes of Wynonna Judd, Lee Greenwood, and Leann Rimes in his years in Nashville.

Sounds like a lot of fun...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist