Friday, October 05, 2007

 
It's "Cruisin' the Coast" week on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, the biggest special event in the state of Mississippi. 2007 marks the 11th year for the classic car event, a spectacle that draws over 5,000 cars from 37 states, bringing with them about a $15 million boost to the local economy.

Ocean Springs is in full festival mode, having blocked off the downtown area for three consecutive days. I went down around lunchtime to take some pictures, and it RAINED and RAINED while I was down there. I still came away with a few pics, including the 1940 Chevy Sedan above. Later, my daughter and I went back together, and this time it was sunny and hot! I forgot my camera that time, so I'll have to settle for the picture above.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist