Sunday, January 27, 2008

 
Been busy, busy, busy, busy, busy...

* My great friend, David Watson, closed down his dental practice and came to Ocean Springs just to spend a couple of days with us, and we had a GREAT time with him. He arrived Thursday evening, and we spent all day Friday and all day Saturday together. He worshipped with us this morning before heading home. He's Dr. Watson to lots of folks, but Big Dave to me. We have been friends for just about as long as I can remember. He was the best man in my wedding, and my Cardinal/Cowboy/Razorback buddy. He came to Ocean Springs specifically to help me with my Ocean Springs photo-project book, and let me tell you - HE'S A GENIUS!!! We're only a little over halfway done now after two days of work (you can see us hard at work last night in the picture above), but we'll be able to do the rest via internet exchanges. It will be too cool, but cost prohibitive for people to buy. But it will be a special treasure for me and my family as we remember Ocean Springs - and an even greater treasure because it was created with a wonderful friend.

* On the law school update front, I received an acceptance letter from the University of Florida yesterday!!! Four acceptance letters so far (Arkansas/Mississippi/Tennessee/Florida), and four to wait on (Pepperdine/Virginia/Missouri/St. Louis).

* This afternoon was really enjoyable. I had the chance to go to Pascagoula and attend a farewell reception for the Dobbs family. John Dobbs has been a special friend of mine here on the Gulf Coast, and he will continue to be forever and ever - mostly because John is the undefeated king of the internet. If you haven't run across John Dobbs on the worldwide web, you just haven't been paying attention! John will begin work next weekend as the pulpit minister for the Forsythe congregation in Monroe, Louisiana. He will be GREATLY missed on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. He has been the preacher at the Central Church of Christ in Pascagoula for the past sixteen years.

Okay, gotta jet everyone. The weekend has been great, but busy, and I've got lots of catching up to do still...

Comments:
Al, thanks for the speech you gave... it was very special to my heart.
 
Thanks, John. You're a very special friend.
 
Genius is a pretty strong word, but I will take it. :) I had a great time this weekend and I can't wait to finish the book and see it. Darah and I will find a time to come down after the book is finished so we can bring it to you. Thanks for putting up with me this weekend.
 
Hosting you this weekend was a pleasure. For all of us.

Thanks for taking the time for us, and I can't wait to see the book when it's done! I plan to send you an email in the next day or two (maybe tonight) with the info you need from me.

Thanks again, Big Dave!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist