Wednesday, January 16, 2008

 
BLOG-SERVATION #1: I spent the afternoon in Youth Court (pictured above) concerning my CASA case. Our director's office is adjacent to the courtroom, so standard procedure for a CASA volunteer is to sit in there and chat with Frances while we wait to see if we're needed. If we're needed, there is a knock on her office wall, and we enter the courtroom. When the knock came and we entered, Judge asked me about my law school application process, and she and the Guardian Ad Litem compared LSAT scores with me. Judge, ever with a clever comeback, remembered the saying, "Those who make A's get to be professors. Those who make B's get to be judges, and those who make C's get to be RICH!" Anyway, court, as always, was interesting, and though I cannot go into any details I can simply say that my legal education continued today by learning this truth: if I think I will go to law school and learn how to sort out the messes in this world, then I'll be sadly mistaken.

BLOG-SERVATION #2: It is a cold, rainy day, which makes me wonder how many people will actually show up for our mid-week class tonight. I'll be teaching 1st Corinthians 5 to the adults, a chapter on the need for disfellowshipping brash sinners from a church, which is always a fun topic for all. One of the thoughts I've had is that I wonder if anyone has ever seen a "disfellowshipping" work. By work, I mean accomplish its supposed purpose of leading someone back to the fold. I haven't, but maybe others have. If not, then maybe we should be honest enough to admit that there's something wrong in our whole approach to the subject.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist