Saturday, January 19, 2008

 
* Erica called to say it was snowing in Hattiesburg today!!! Here, it was just 37 degrees and rainy...

* Much of today was focused on Hillary and the Science Fair (pictured above). I don't know if her project, "Colder Than Ice," will set the scientific community abuzz, but we found it interesting. Did you know that adding salt to ice water makes the temperature of the water colder? Tell the truth now, you didn't know that either, eh? The best news is that our procrastination did not bite us on the rear end. We researched this project a few weeks ago, then did the whole thing in one day (today). It's due this Wednesday.

* The other focus of today was cleaning house. Not fun, but we did it together, which is the way to go. We have company coming over tomorrow (you knew there must be a reason for house cleaning, right?).

* I checked the mail today, and though I didn't receive any law school notifications, I did receive notification of jury duty! The weird part is that I'm pretty excited about this - I've always wanted jury duty. Of course, I'm sure either (a) the fact that I'm excited about jury duty, or (b) the fact that I'm planning to go to law school next year will get me disqualified somehow. I'll be the only disappointed disqualified juror.

* I read a book today, too. Mitch Albom's "For One More Day." Good book, and easy read (200 pages in a coupla hours), but not as good as either "Tuesdays With Morrie" or "The Five People You Meet in Heaven." According to me, that is...

* Jody, Hillary, and I braved the uncharacteristic Gulf Coast cold weather and went to Applebee's for dinner tonight. Good folks, Jay and Glenda, gave us a gift certificate for Christmas, and we used it tonight (and appreciated it, too!).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist