Monday, January 21, 2008

 
Probably the most dramatic sight to see post-Katrina in my town was the wreckage of the Biloxi-Ocean Springs Bridge. Most everyone who came to volunteer ended up standing at the bridge, snapping pictures, trying to capture the unbelievable scene. Today, driving to Biloxi to visit a nursing home, I snapped a picture out my front windshield from close to the spot where many of you out there have stood. It is good to see progress, no?

We shared a great lunch at our house yesterday with Judge Sharon Sigalas, Jackson County CASA Director, Frances Allsup and her family, and fellow CASA volunteer, Dana Mitchell, and her kids. Great food, great conversation, and great people.

Well, I'm two for two in the lunch department. Hillary is out of school for Dr. King's holiday, and we shared a great lunch at Coffee Fusion with my friend, Tom. I suspect I'll tell you all more about it a little later on.

Comments:
Doesn't look like the new bridge is a draw bridge. Did they change that?
 
Yup. It is bunches and bunches bigger now - too tall to need a drawbridge, and when all is said and done, lots more lanes across, too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page Click here to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist
Click to join OceanSpringsChurchofChrist